Updated: May 22, 2021 21:20 First
New Delhi [India], May 22 (ANI/Oswal Books): Olympiads are competitive exams that are conducted across the world with the sole aim of enhancing academic skills among students. Now, for those who are not familiar with the term or concept Olympiad, it is like any other competitive exam conducted at the school level. It can either be a National Olympiad where students are competing against their peers at the national level or it can be an International Olympiad which is considered the major league of the Olympiad.
The reason for conducting Olympiads is to enhance and sharpen the skills like logical reasoning, problem-solving and analytical thinking in the students so that they are better prepared to tackle the problems in real time in real world adversities. This is the reason why most of the schools advise the students to appear in the Olympiad examinations so that they can understand their position and work hard to improve their academic performance.
Competing with so many students can be a bit risky and most students find solace in not competing as they are unable to overcome their fear of disappointment. However, in this article, we have actually heard 7 effective tips that can help you achieve a commendable rank in your Olympiad, whatever the scale.
7 Tips that can help you secure a meritorious rank in Science Olympiads:
Science Olympiad organized by Science Olympiad Foundation is the most popular Olympiad in the world and every year thousands and thousands of participants try to achieve a meritorious rank. Therefore, the competition is a bit tough and the stakes are quite high. Here are 7 tips to help you out and get you better marks and top tier ranks:
1. Choose your exam – The first thing you want to do is choose which Olympiad you want to prepare yourself for and appear for it. A total of 6 Olympiads are held each academic year, so you have 6 options to choose from. Know your strengths, your strengths and play with them. Make sure you choose the one you are most confident about. Not only this, make sure that the one you are choosing gives you enough time for preparation so that you can be able to make it better. Now if you are sure about yourself and your ability to perform exceptionally well in all of them, it would be a good idea to appear for all 6 Olympiads. In this way, you have a chance to rank in the special category of Academic Excellence Award. In short, you should aim to appear for all 6 Olympiads, but if you are not confident enough, choose the one you feel most strongly about.
2. Know the syllabus – Admittedly this is the most fundamental and elementary thing to do but you would be surprised how many students decide to wing it. Knowing your syllabus does not mean giving a brief overview of the syllabus. It means knowing your syllabus well knowing which questions and topics are from which chapter and which topics are more important than the rest. Knowing your syllabus empowers you to decide what topics you want to emphasize and how much more because you are aware of the syllabus and know which topics have important information which will give you a chance to appear in Olympiad question paper Is.
3. Solved Papers – The secret of success in Olympiad exams lies in smart study and perseverance, combined and there are no two ways about it. Oswal Books’ One For All Olympiad Previous Years Solved Papers provide comprehensive and detailed solutions to each and every question to the students. By solving these papers and reading these solutions, students get a pretty good idea of what is expected of them while answering the questions. Furthermore, there are hidden gems in these solutions, i.e. additional information that most textbooks do not provide. By reading these solved papers, your chances of securing the top rank increase exponentially. Another great advantage of having Olympiad Solved Papers from Oswal Books is that it acts as a great revision tool as you already have the solutions to the most complex questions.
Here are the recommended links for Olympiad books for classes 1 to 5: https://bit.ly/3vcUDAP
4. Timetable – This cannot be stressed enough – this is absolutely quintessential for your success in Olympiads. You can’t get away with not having a strict timetable if you want to be successful in Olympiads. The competition is tough and to emerge with a top tier rank, you will need to work harder and smarter than other people. This is only possible when you come up with a timetable that allows you to maximize effort and output by dividing the day into different parts, each allowing you to participate in a different fact of your preparation , in order to advance your academic status. , Altogether.
5. Get proper rest – don’t lose sleep on your Olympiad. When you are reading your brain needs to be working at optimum levels to be able to process and retain all the information you are reading and absorbing. That’s why, you can’t afford to lose sleep and your brain is tired and depleted. Get at least 7 to 8 hours of sound sleep and take frequent naps to keep your body and mind refreshed at all times.
6. Goal of Conceptual Clarity – Olympiad is all about testing your conceptual clarity and your analytical and critical thinking skills. This is something you need to get used to, so while you are studying, encourage yourself to think critically and out of the box. This will help you in more ways than one.
7. Revise – Make sure you allot a time of the day for revision every day. This will help in keeping the topics covered fresh in your mind and will allow you to retain more information and improve your recall skills, which is important for Olympiad exams.
These are the 7 most important tips you can work with to ensure that you look your personal best and come off with flying colors.
This story is provided by Oswal Books. ANI will not be responsible in any way for the content of this article. (ANI/Oswal Books)